Welcome to 3PLWOW eCommerce order fulfilment
Subscription box services, Pick & Pack service
Thinking about outsourcing you Subscrition box Pick and Pack ecommerce order fulfilment?
Well, order fulfilment or fulfillment (spelt with double "ll") comprises the process in receiving, processing, and shipping a customer order. More specifically, order fulfilment entails the following steps:
- Maintaining the client's inventory
- Responding to a sales orders to determine availability and location in inventory
- Configuring the order (if there is more than one piece or product)
- Booking the order (placing a request into the inventory system for what is ordered)
- Acknowledging and confirming the order is booked
- Invoicing/billing the customer
- Determining the shipping address where the item will be sent
- Sourcing the order – determining which facility to ship it from
- Determining which carrier will be used to ship the item
- Issuing order changes initiated by the customer after-the-sale, substituting for pieces no longer in inventory, or updating the order with newer pieces in inventory
- Processing the order – the physical picking and packing of the order at a stock room, warehouse or distribution centre
- Shipping the order, which may go directly to the customer or to one or more distribution points
- Delivering the order to the customer
- Settling, receiving, and processing payment for the received order
- Handling returns of unacceptable or damaged goods by either refilling the order or refunding the customer
- Updating inventory
Now that's a lot of steps! We tend to take them for granted, or bundle them together under a term like "shipping," but there are many stages an order must pass through that involves software systems and physical systems. It’s no wonder companies large and small are contracting out this function to specialised order fulfillment services providers like us at 3PLWOW.
Outsourcing to 3PLWOW Order fulfilment is already paying off, with many of our customers becoming long-term clients. They also provide customer service, so i have communications 24/7.